THE EZYSLEEP DIFFERENCE
Wondering what sets us apart from the rest? Our deep focus on using sustainable, eco-friendly, & all-natural materials in our mattresses. Each of our fibres are processed without the use of chemicals or harsh retardants & made to last.
Our mattresses are made sustainably using eco-friendly & all natural products.
Keeping our products as natural & health-conscious as possible is our top priority. We use Tencel, organic cotton & bamboo charcoal quilted fabric that are hypoallergenic, anti-bacterial and mould resistant.
Our mattresses are made to order, right here in Toronto.
We understand living on a budget and don't think it's fair you have to choose between a good night's sleep & breaking the bank. We use the same manufacturers as the other big guys without charging you huge markups.
Each mattress is made specifically for you!
ARE OUR MATTRESSES REALLY CHEMICAL FREE?
Absolutely! The foam is CertiPur-US Certified, soy-based and organic.
HOW ARE OUR PRICES SO LOW?
Mattresses are one of the highest marked up items in retail, mainly due to the lack of information readily available about mattresses. We keep our prices close to cost so you can improve your quality of sleep without breaking the bank.
IS THERE A BENEFIT TO SHOPPING LOCAL?
We are big advocates for supporting local businesses. By using Toronto-based manufacturers, we not only kill the waiting time for delivery, but we have more control to ensure safe and ethical practices, high quality Canadian materials, and can support the local economy.
WHAT IS TENCEL & HOW IS IT MADE?
Tencel™fibers are regenerated from wood cellulose; it feels soft and comfortable, highly breathable and helps with temperature regulation.
As a plant-derived fiber, Tencel fiber is also certified to be biodegradable and compostable, so they can fully revert to nature after the garment’s end of life. Therefore, it provides an environmentally responsible alternative to fossil-based plastic materials in textiles.
- The wood is chipped and then the cellulose is extracted
- The cellulose is then washed
- The cellulose is bleached in a totally chlorine free process to create pulp sheets
- These pulp sheets are squeezed through small holes to create threads
SOLID MAPLE WOOD
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF BAMBOO?
Cultivating bamboo requires no chemicals or pesticides & absorbs 2x more carbon dioxide than a tree.
The fibre itself is also naturally anti-bacterial, durable & soft to the touch. It grows incredibly fast (approx. 3ft in 24 hours) and can be manipulated into many versatile uses and products. Bamboo charcoal is an upgraded level of bamboo linen and helps with wicking moisture and skin sensitivities.
- The bamboo leaves & soft inner pith inside of the trunk are crushed
- The crushed bamboo fibres are then soaked in an all-natural enzyme solution
- These fibres are then washed & spun into yarn that is then woven into fabric
- To infuse the charcoal, bamboo is heated at a very high temperature
- It is then ground and filtered into a fine powder
- This powder is then woven with the bamboo fibres to infuse them together
Mattress Fact #10: the word mattress is an Arabic word meaning “throw”.
THE BEAUTY & VERSATILITY OF ORGANIC COTTON, IS IT TRUE?
Organic cotton is a very skin-friendly, soothing natural fibre. It's the ideal material for all skin types, including infants & skin sensitivities.
Moreover, despite regular cotton being incredibly dependent on harsh pesticides & chemicals, organic cotton requires no such treatments. It also uses much less water than regular cotton, 7,000 litres per 1kg of organic cotton vs. 29,000 litres for 1kg of regular.
- Organic cotton is handpicked & grown in a way to maintain soil fertility
- No synthetic materials are used in its production
- The cotton balls are handpicked from stems and cleaned
- The fibres are then spun into yarn which makes them easier to weave
- The yarn is then woven together to create a soft yet durable linen
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF TALALAY LATEX?
Natural latex is more supportive, durable, eco-friendly, and better for sleep health than synthetic and blended latex.
It is harvested and refined from the milk-like sap of a rubber tree called Hevea Brasiliensis. This process encourages the healthy growth of rubber trees as they can be tapped for up to 30 years. Once the sap is harvested, it is processed into Dunlop or Talalay foam; both are soft, supportive, and extremely durable.
- The foam is poured into a mold, only halfway.
- It is then sealed and a vacuum is used to expand the latex until it completely fills the mold.
- It is placed in a freezer and carbon dioxide is injected into the rubber to create a gel-like texture.
- The gel-like foam is then hardened with heat, removed from the mold, washed, and dried.
Eco-Friendly & Health Conscious. We made eco-friendly mattresses affordable. Our products are made out of health conscious and natural materials so you don't have to inhale harmful chemicals while you sleep. Our foam is CertiPUR-US certified!
Made in Toronto. We are big advocates for supporting local businesses. By using Toronto-based manufacturers, we not only kill the waiting time for delivery, but we have more control to ensure safe and ethical practices, high quality Canadian materials, and can support the local economy.
Made to Order. Mattresses require a unique level of hygiene and care, so rest assured each one of our mattresses are made within 1-3 business days and delivered from the warehouse direct to your home.
Same Products, Better Prices.We know how it is to live on a budget, and as a small startup operation, we are able to keep our profit margins low and still use the same manufacturers. Mattresses are one of the highest marked-up items in the retail industry. By keeping our structure small, we keep our profit margins small. No one should have to choose between sacrificing quality or breaking the bank.