Pet owner’s guide to caring for your mattress
October 04, 2022
A mattress is an important piece of furniture in any home, and when you have a pet, it is essential to take extra care of it. Pets can be very attracted to mattresses - they're soft, comfortable, and provide a lot of warmth - so it's important to make sure you're taking the necessary precautions to protect your mattress from pet fur, stains, and other damage. In this blog, we will walk you through some tips for caring for your mattress so that you can keep it looking and feeling great for years to come.
- Keep your pet off the bed: This may seem like an obvious one, but it's worth repeating. Pets should not be allowed on the bed, as this is a sure way to ruin your mattress. Not only will they shed fur all over the place, but they can also track in dirt and other outdoor elements that can damage the fabric of your mattress. If you must allow your pet on the bed, be sure to cover the mattress with a protective sheet or mattress encasement.
- Vacuum regularly: Vacuuming your mattress on a regular basis is one of the best ways to keep it free of pet hair and other debris. Be sure to use a powerful vacuum cleaner with good suction, and take care to vacuum all sides of the mattress, including the top, bottom, and sides.
- Spot clean as needed: If your pet has an accident on the bed, it's important to act quickly and spot clean the area. Use a mild detergent and warm water to remove any stains or odors. Be sure to blot the area dry with a clean towel afterward.
- Protect the mattress: There are many different types of mattress protectors available on the market, and we recommend investing in one if you have pets. A good mattress protector will help to keep your mattress free of spills, stains, dirt, and pet hair. It's an easy way to prolong the life of your mattress and keep it looking its best.
- Replace the mattress: If your mattress is more than 5-7 years old, it's probably time to start thinking about replacing it. Over time, mattresses can become worn down and lose their support, so it's important to invest in a new one every few years. When shopping for a new mattress, be sure to look for one that's specifically designed to withstand pet hair and other debris.
Following these simple tips will help you keep your mattress looking and feeling great, even with pets in the house. If you are on the lookout for top-quality, eco-friendly bed mattresses, then be sure to check out the range available at EzySleep!